Fyrewitch's knitting blog

Knitting is cool!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Time flies when you're knitting ...

Wow, I can't believe it's nearly the end of September. I've kinda fallen over in the baby knitting stuff. At this point I have 3 pairs of booties, 1 hat and one gorgeous little jumper ready to go - woefully short of my goal of ten. I also have a chemo bandanna, which leads me to why I've been a tad distracted. Frankly, I blame Spotlight and their groovy cotton yarn sale. (Curse you Spotlight, curse you!!!! Who am I kidding, I'll be back there on Wednesday. ) So I spent an obscene amount of money on cotton yarn and then it was just so gorgeous I had to use it immediately. So I used some of the first pack on the chemo bandanna, which came up beautifully, and then went to work on making a tank top for myself from the second packet. I have about 25 rows of st st to go before I can put on the finishing touches - I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow - photos will be posted shortly thereafter. And then I'll be back on the baby bandwagon. Also, I'm very proud to say that I've introduced my best friend to charity knitting - I'll post some photos of her work too. Well done you - you know who you are :)

2 Comments:

At September 24, 2008 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Shara said...

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your tank top :-)
I'm off to Spotlight on Friday and I suspect I'll be coming home with an armful of summer yarns... even though I promised myself I wouldn't...

 
At September 29, 2008 at 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spotlight always have to spoil the NO MORE YARN DIET.

Thank goodness for school holidays.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home