Fyrewitch's knitting blog

Knitting is cool!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

October Round up

Wow, what a month. My charity donations this month have been seriously curtailed by my work on the Blanket from Hell (which is now finished!!) Photos to come - I put them on a kodak cd this time instead of downloading straight to my puter, which I'm beginning to think was a mistake. Easy share? I don't think so!!! I also whipped up a Bolero jacket for a wedding on October 31. I'm very proud of myself - I actually knitted most of it in little under a week. I actually got to the point where I was getting spasms in my left forearm from knitting so much, but once I got it off the super large needles, the spasms stopped. Right now I'm working on some house slippers (ie things I can stick on my feet so I don't get dog hair stuck in them). Thanks to Spotlight's most recent sale, I picked up some gorgeous bamboo yarn. It's soft and silky and nice and light so still ok for summer. Our next Brissy get together isn't until February, so I bet I can make a heap of stuff in that time. I'll endeavour to make baby clothes for PIPA this month for Knit4Charities, and then kitten blankets for next month for the Canberra RSPCA. My mother gave me a few big 500g balls of wool from a friend of hers who passed over that I have in mind for that project. And then it will be 2009 - where on earth has this year gone??

2 Comments:

At November 3, 2008 at 8:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might be able to join the next Brissie Knit n Natter.

I too have been busy with K4C Knitting, but it had to take a back seat as I had orders to fulfill, which are nearly finished.

Congrats on the bolero, can't wait to see the photos.

 
At November 5, 2008 at 7:15 AM , Blogger Sue said...

It would be great to see you there! We have a number that take place around Brisbane - the one I go to is about an hours drive from Springfield, but there would be others you could attend if you didn't want to go all that way. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home