Fyrewitch's knitting blog

Knitting is cool!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Animals and UFOs

So, Ethel, can you tell me why it is that cats can detect a large project being worked on and then come and lie on it, even when it's 40 degree weather (ok, more like 28)? Yes, Gracie, I can. You've forgotten that you are owned by the cat and not the other way around and therefore, everything you do is for the cat's pleasure and convenience. And frankly it serves you right for crafting on the bed. Oh well, at least he's cute. So my "down time" due to "knitters shoulder" has been quite productive, with me finishing off a couple of projects that have been lying around for a while. The blanket Darcy is lying on I actually started about 2 years ago for my bed, before I got really over the colours. It's now finished off and in a box for the Homeless connect day at the end of this month. I also completed a jumper that I made for Imogen in my "don't know how to follow a pattern" days a couple of years ago. She's too big for it now, so it's in the box too. Back to my "knitters shoulder", how lame is it that I can't conjure up a proper sporting injury and have to make do with a craft injury?? Am I the only person who get's crafting injuries? I'll have to confine myself to the nerdy corner. Oh, it has also been brought to my attention that there are no cute dog photos. So here, look at the cute puppy .

2 Comments:

At November 9, 2008 at 5:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to see that I am not the only one who has a cat who knows when it's knitting time.

I love your pooch.

I do know someone else who has suffered with 'knitters shoulder'; the physio calls it 'frozen shoulder'.

 
At November 10, 2008 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Sue said...

If it's a good night in winter I can have the 2 cats, 2 dogs and the child all fighting for a spot on my lap while I'm knitting.

Thanks - she's a Tibetan Spaniel cross and she is pretty cute. She has the most adorable temperament.

I'm so glad I'm not the only nerd who gets crafting injuries!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home