Fyrewitch's knitting blog

Knitting is cool!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Photos and UFOs

Okey dokey, here we have my lovely comfy new slippers (and extraordinarily sexy ankles) and me in the bolero and the witchlet in her bolero that I made her - although I think she is wearing it upside down. My newfound confidence after the completion of the Blanket from Hell project has made me feel a lot more confident about a UFO that has been ongoing for about 12 months. I subscribed to the Art of Knittin magazine, which supplys you with a 25 g ball of yarn and instructions to knit a square with the view to the finished squares being made into a blanket. Now, I've been happily knitting the squares and then placing them into my UFO box (yes, I need a box) to deal with "some other time". Last night, I dug them out and crocheted around about 20 of them in preparation for crocheting them together. I have about 50 left to do, and about 15 squares to knit, cos I'm a little behind. I think I've done my shoulder after the excessive knitathon last week, so I can give it a bit of a rest and do some crocheting instead. I'm no master as far as crochet is concerned, but we'll see how it goes. On the left - the squares I've done. On the right - the to do pile! The good thing is that there is a heap of yarn left over from each square - I might be able to use it all to make more squares for another blanket for charity!

2 Comments:

At November 4, 2008 at 8:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that would make a lovely blankie for some one. Congrats.

You have inspired me to make squares out of my spare yarn.

:)

 
At November 5, 2008 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Sue said...

I can't take full credit - we always have gorgeous blankets donated at the Zillmere Knit and Natters, and it's amazing what a difference a bit of crocheting around the edge, or even just putting the squares together can make. Di from the Zillmere group usually crochets together any donated squares, and she always does a gorgeous job.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home