Fyrewitch's knitting blog

Knitting is cool!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

How far would my stash stretch?

I've recently discovered Ravelry. For those who have been hiding with me under a rock, Ravelry has a very interesting feature where you can list all the items you have in your stash and it gives you a distance measurement of the amount of yarn that you have. I have uploaded a teeny tiny portion of my stash and already have 10 kilometres worth of yarn. This has made me start thinking about my stash in a whole new way. Previously I've just thought of it in balls and the amount of space it takes up without really contemplating the amount of yarn that each of those 50 or 100 gram balls actually hold. It doesn't seem like that much. However when I contemplate that the bit of my stash that won't fit into my storage containers and is currently stored in a massive Spotlight bag and a drawer would probably stretch quite easily from my place of residence to my place of work in the Brisbane CBD - whoa that's a lot of yarn. How far could my whole stash stretch? To Ipswich? Toowoomba? That might be a little ambitious. Still that's a feckload of yarn! Perhaps the thought of all my yarn stretched out end to end will curb my penchant for stocking up.... Maybe not.

2 Comments:

At November 15, 2008 at 3:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its scary but mine probably would to Townsville - Melbourne and back about 3 times.

Warning: If it starts reaching Ipswich, I might start tugging when it reaches Redbank Plains.

 
At November 18, 2008 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Sue said...

Wow, I hope my stash gets as big as yours when it grows up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home