Fyrewitch's knitting blog

Knitting is cool!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Catching Up

Time has really gotten away from me over the last week or so, especially due to having worked on the weekend, but more on that at the moment. Here is the box of goodies donated to the Homeless Connect Day. The blanket and jumper are so bright they completely overshadow the beanies and fingerless gloves. Congratulations to Karen and everyone involved in Knitting for Brisbane's Needy, which has now passed 20,000 donations since it's inception in 2006. I feel very proud to have the opportunity to be a part of the group. December's projects have had a little change. The mini Christmas stockings have pretty much been done, and I'm plugging away at the kitty cat blankets. A friend has asked me to make a blanket for her mother for Christmas, so I'm going to go with the hexagon pattern shown on Attic 24. Lucy is so inspiring and her craft work is just gorgeous. Plus they are quick and really easy to make. I've only done a couple and they are very cute. In other news at the Witchy Hut, I've hired a cleaning lady! I'm very excited about this for a number of reasons. I will have more time to do the stuff I really want/need to do like work, craft, play with the witchlet, and enjoy the more simple pleasures in life such as ensuring I have my shoes on the right feet. She starts in a week and I can't wait. Also, we had the school Christmas carols last night, which gave us prime position to the the smiley face in the sky created by the almost conjunction of the Moon, Venus and Jupiter. I did take a photo, but it didn't turn out unforunately. Here is a mock up from the SMH: It was gorgeous and cheerful. One could imagine the Creator smiling down, having a chuckle at some universal joke. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home