Fyrewitch's knitting blog

Knitting is cool!

Friday, December 19, 2008

The Rubber T Bone

Ok, so I'm a bit crabby. Today was Secret Santa day at work. Everyone got a lovely gift. The lady I bought for came and told me that she knew I was her secret Santa and that she loved her gifts. What did I get? A rubber T bone dog toy and a tin of Chick peas.

This is a dig at the fact that I am a vegetarian, I'm aware of this. I was hurt and a little upset for a couple of reasons.

a) no thought had gone into this whatsoever.

b) I didn't actually become a vegetarian because of my feelings about animal welfare. I actually became a vegetarian because at the age of 15, that was the only chance I had to be able to walk without pain. I feel like I was having my nose rubbed firmly in my issues.

And actually there's a c) I DO NOT lecture my workmates about vegetarianism. In fact, I get more lectures from meat eaters than I have ever given to anyone ever!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 20, 2008 at 5:51 AM , Blogger amanda j said...

Sorry to hear about your less-than-satisfactory experience of Secret Santa. My gift was craft at least!

 
At December 22, 2008 at 2:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people are just horrible.

There was even no 'funny' side to that gift. I hope who ever was your secret santa has karma coming to them.

Stay true to yourself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home