Fyrewitch's knitting blog

Knitting is cool!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hooked on Socks and Hexagons

Well I've done it. I've been avoiding it since making my steps into the online knitters world where it's constantly talked about, praised and obsessed over. Yes indeedy folks, I've embarked upon my first pair of socks. I now understand the hype. I was scared of the dpns at first, but they are so easy to use! And it's so much fun to see your project grow! I'm only attempting tube socks at the moment - let me get a hang of dpns before I have to turn a heel! I'm also thoroughly hooked on the Hexagons mentioned in my last post. A friend of mine has asked me to make a blanket for her mum for Christmas, so it will be hexagons in pink and purple shades. :)

1 Comments:

At December 6, 2008 at 4:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am yet to try the world of sock knitting.....

Must be a new year thing to do. Hang on I think I've said that now 2 yrs in a row.

Oh well one day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home