Fyrewitch's knitting blog

Knitting is cool!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Confessions of a yarn addict

Well I've been working my little fingers to the bone to finish the delightful Hexagon blanket. (No seriously, you should see the blisters.) Even my father, well known for his complacency when presented with a new woolly creation to comment on, mustered a convincing "That looks great, mate". I reckon I've got another 4 hours work maximum, to finish crocheting the border and then sewing in all the ends I've left when the end became tenible. In the meantime, I've discovered that Lincraft is the new cool place for me to hang out. Positives for this are:
  • it's in town, I can visit it on my lunch break
  • it has a different store loyalty system than spotlight, which results in gift vouchers (woohoo)
  • and last but not least - it has an online store. If I see something in the store but not in the colour I want, I can order it from online and have it nicely packaged and sent to me at home.

I've just used this last point to my advantage - I'm fully aware they are having a sale on acrylics, but they didn't have much of a range in store, and I'm wanting to get my hands on some blue hues, nice manly colours for a Hexagon blanket for a friend of mine for his birthday next month. I don't have to battle the New Years crowds and I get exactly what I want. Also, I get a tiny break where I can work on some charity items, knowing full well that my new wool is on it's way and I can play with it the minute it turns up.

Happy New Year to everyone, may 2009 be magnificent!

1 Comments:

At January 2, 2009 at 3:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awaiting patiently for photos of the Hexagon blankie.

Happy New Year to you and your family and may 2009 be full of yarny goodness :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home