Fyrewitch's knitting blog

Knitting is cool!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

January Donations and the next Hex Blankie

Well, I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself at the moment. Check out these guys. Not bad for what is basically knitted rectangles sewn together. Even better it's only January 10 and I've finished 5 already, which is what I've vowed to be my charity contribution each month for 2009, so I can tick this month off already. Which gives me time to start on my new juicy project. Tim's Blue Hexie Blankie. The hexagon blanket has been such a hit that everyone in my immediate circle of friends is getting one for their birthdays this year. So 2009 will be the year of the hexagon. And everyone thinks I'm so square. (Sorry, bad pun but I had to go for it.) The yarn arrived on Thursday, but to my disconcernation, the person who had packed it had given me two balls of the same colour from two different dye lots. They were so different they could have been different colours. So I called the wonderful people at Lincraft in Brisbane and explained my dilemma, and the very cool Chris found a ball from each dye lot, so I'm off and running again. I've started crocheting tonight, so we're counting down till D-Day next month.

1 Comments:

At January 11, 2009 at 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the toys.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home