Fyrewitch's knitting blog

Knitting is cool!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ta Da!!

What could it possibly be? Such pretty colours... Such delicate edging ... Ta-da, the Hexagon blanket is finished! The last end was sewn in at about 10.09 this morning and celebration ensued. It contains 150 hexagons and about 2.5 kilometres of yarn. I think this is one of my biggest and quickest creations to date. (The blanket I made for the witchlet's bed doesn't count - that took me a year!) I'm very proud of it, and my bestie thinks her mother will love it. She appears to have changed her mind about wanting a crocheted blanket - I caught her leafing through a book I have with lots of different square designs. That will have to be for her birthday next year I have far too much in my "queue" at the moment! In further ta-das, this is my haul from my latest visit to Lincraft. They had 250g bags of yarn for $5, so I grabbed three. They are lovely and soft and will be great for the kids toys I'm making for the January Charity of the month. And I couldn't resist the variegated Lincraft DK, such yummy colours! And las but not least, my joint Christmas presents from my friends: I didn't get to see the second season of Life on Mars on TV, and now I can watch it at my leisure. And I'm so excited that they managed to find the Yarn Harlot books. I'm already about half way through the first one. I love her stuff! Happy January!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 3, 2009 at 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such yummy yarny colours.

Congrats on the hex blanket, looks gorgeous and the colours work really well together.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home