Fyrewitch's knitting blog

Knitting is cool!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

And we're off!

I've discovered that it's quicker if I do a heap of circles and them join them together with the hexagon shape. It seems to reduce thinking time (which is always a bonus). As it's a brilliant morning here in Brisvegas I thought I would show you a few pictures around my garden. I live in a little townhouse, so I don't have much of a garden, but I love my herbs. These are my native violets. They go mad this time of year. The Rosemary is starting to flower And so is the Peppermint. Don't they both look like they are loving life right now? I also have loads of little spiders in the garden. This little St Andrew's Cross got a bit agitated with me taking his photo. He's very at home in my Jasmine. And wonder of wonders, what is that? I feed the local birds on top of my shed. It looks as though some of the seeds have fallen into the potting mix bag and held on for dear life. And amazingly enough, one of those seeds must have been a sunflower! I've always thought about growing sunflowers and never tried because I thought it would be difficult. Now I have one growing all by itself! I can't wait till it flowers!

1 Comments:

At January 16, 2009 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Yarnsticksbooks said...

The mint and choc mint are looking good here too.

Temperance has settled in and made herself totally at home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home