Fyrewitch's knitting blog

Knitting is cool!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Update!

Man things have been a little hectic here. I'm looking forward to the witchlet going back to school next week - hopefully it will help me regain some of my sanity. I've been busy, busy, busy since I last posted. The Juicy Blue Hexie blanket is well and truly underway with 60 hexagons completed. Also, my tube socks are now complete. The tube socks have taught me that it's virtually impossible to weave in ends when you don't have a seam to sew them in to. This has made me vow to use really pretty variegated/self patterning yarn in the future. (Like I need an excuse). Also, my love of Ravelry continues. A wonderful lady started a group for people using a book I bought recently to make their first pair of proper socks. Work started on January 14, and I'm proud to say that my first proper sock, with heel and everything, has been completed. Well mostly, still need to sew the ends in. I used an angora blend which will be gorgeous for winter. For my next pair I'll use a lighter yarn. And last but not least, my lovely sun flower has bloomed. We've been basking in her glory for about a week now. Also, it seems an appropriate time to say congratulations and good luck to President Obama. How fabulous to start the year with a new American President who does represent all the good that the States has to offer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home